Sunday, January 22, 2012

Back to the Grind...


GCC, Look at me NOW!


Now that I am back at school and waiting for the new semester to begin tomorrow, my life is on the brink.... of a storm of work that refuses to end before May.

But it makes me happy when I see all my friends who have been parted from my side since before Christmas. Though it will make me sad to leave all my friends from home.... :( I can't win!

On the plus side, due to my missions trip coming up in 2 months and the fact that I have knee problems (physical therapy, here I come! :P) makes it much more likely to be going home on weekends this semester. Which is kinda sad, but there is a reason I am basically being forced into it.

Do you ever wonder why things happen this way? In my life, I seem to just get over a hurdle and another one pops up to trip me and leave me with my face in the mud (and whatever else is there). But then I begin to consider strange occurrences that are starting to make sense: my parents' one car being totaled, and a 'new' used car becoming available just in time for me to need to use it to drive to PT, my being off of life from mono last semester, causing me to not have a social life (so I'm not missing much now that I am once again handicapped. :P

Good things are coming of all the bad things in life, even if I don't quite understand yet. And it is reassuring to know that I'm not the one in control. If I were, I would be a WRECK right now. :P

What surprises have snuck up on you lately?

1 comment:

  1. Holly, Have you ever heard the song, 'That's Life' made very popular in 1966 by Frank Sinatra? While I don't think Francis had a Christian message in mind, it is what God calls us to do. And I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. Love, Padre

    Here's the lyrics:

    That's life, that's what people say.
    You're riding high in April,
    Shot down in May.
    But I know I'm gonna change their tune,
    When I'm right back on top in June.

    That's life, funny as it seems.
    Some people get their kicks,
    Steppin' on dreams
    But I just can't let it get me down,
    Cause this big old world keeps spinnin' around.

    I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
    A poet, a pawn and a king.
    I've been up and down and over and out
    But I know one thing:
    Each time I find myself flat on my face,
    I pick myself up and get back in the race.

    That's life, I can't deny it,
    I thought of quitting,
    But my heart just won't buy it.
    Cause if I didn't think it was worth a try,
    I'd have to roll myself up in a big ball and die.

    ReplyDelete