Thursday, January 5, 2012

Another Day in the Life

Due to being on Christmas break, I have slumped into the lazy life of an unemployed college student. Today was a day of some productivity though...

1) Make coffee AND remember to clean the pot out... doesn't sound hard, but when in the lackadaisical lifestyle, this is a big deal. :)

2) Went to Walmart, only spent $10 and didn't get stuck in the parking lot. This is a success on ANY day.

3) Reorganized the pantry. I am constantly surprised at how quickly this space is destroyed. When the male counterparts in my life hit, the pantry is rent into shambles. :P

4) Made pumpkin spice muffins. This is one of my FAVORITE recipes to make, and it's SO easy. And healthy. I think I heard somewhere it is worth 2 points on Weight Watchers... But they are good, and simple so that makes a great plus for me.

               Pumpkin Spice Muffins
            Ingredients:
             2/3 cup water
             1 box of spice cake mix
             15 oz. Pumpkin Puree
             1 egg white

       Preheat oven to 350*
       Mix it all together in a big bowl. Using a mixer works best, but honestly I enjoy stirring with just a spoon  and they always turn out fine. :)
       This is the point if you want you add tasty morsels like chocolate chips or nuts and such. 
       Put the batter in the little muffin cups in a muffin pan. I usually fill the cups up 2/3 the way, since the muffins grow! :)
       Bake for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how good your oven is and whether you like harder muffins or gooey. (Gooey ones are FANTASTIC, BTW...)
      Let cool and enjoy. Actually, don't let cool if you want, since they are fabulous when warm and the chocolate chips are melty and mmmmmmmmmm!!! I want one right now!
   
      These muffins can be made with whatever cake mix you want too. The chocolate ones are great as well.

5) My last bit of productivity involves actually singing and reading. I am a voice major and talked all semester about how excited I was to sing songs that were fun and not required when I went on break. Same for reading too... But you know how plans like that end up. :P

Anyhoo, with sooo much productivity going on, I believe I have earned the right to go to my boyfriend Dmitri's house and watch some Lost.... we're on season 6 and we still like it.... I don't know if that is a good sign or not. Either way, we will probably be done by next week, so if worse comes to worse, time will tell.

Hope you have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment